330-531-0857 | email@example.com | bridgidcassin.com
WRITER AND EDITOR | YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY | AUGUST 2016 to PRESENT
- Creating content for publication in New Frontiers research magazine
- Leading publication partnership between College of Graduate Studies and Office of Research
- Investigating leads for story ideas
- Interviewing researchers, graduate students, and grantees among faculty and staff
- Composing both short and longform articles profiling researchers and projects
- Photographing a number of subjects in varied settings
- Collaborating with marketing and creative design departments on magazine layout and design using content management software such as Office365, GatherContent, and Dropbox
- Publishing content online and in hard copy according to budget and audience needs
- Proofreading grant proposals prior to submission
- Aiding with copyediting, formatting, pagination and other document design tasks as needed using programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working independently and in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines and goals
MASTER OF FINE ARTS | YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY | MAY 2019
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing with focus in fiction
- 4.0 grade point average
- Graduate certificate in Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Presented research on children’s literature and related topics at local, regional, and national conferences
MASTER OF ARTS | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY | MAY 2008
- M.A. in English with a focus on literature
- Graduated cum laude
- Graduate assistentship in Campus Ministry, facilitating service projects for students
BACHELOR OF ARTS | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY | MAY 2007
- B.A. in English
- Minors in art and philosophy
- Graduated cum laude
- Worked in university writing center
TRIVIA HOST | SPORCLE LIVE TRIVIA | MAY 2018 to PRESENT
- Executing weekly trivia games in a restaurant venue
- Problem-solving and multitasking while facilitating gameplay, in person and through digital interfaces
- Maintaining social media accounts to market a unique trivia show while adhering to branding standards
- Utilizing Facebook Analytics and other tools to measure engagement and effective strategy
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR | WALSH UNIVERSITY and others | AUGUST 2012 to PRESENT
- Teaching composition courses in English, Communications, College Credit Plus, and Structured or Development Education
- Creating lesson plans, exams, assignments, and syllabi for onsite classes
- Designing and delivering content for online courses
- Utilizing online course content tools such as Angel, Sakai, and Blackboard for gradebook, syllabus, course calendar, and assignment submissions
- Evaluating student work and maintaining grades in keeping with academic standards and schedules
ADMIN AND PAYROLL | Q.B.S., INC. | JULY 2010 to JANUARY 2013
- Worked with military representatives and subcontractors to monitor and maintain certified payroll on military construction sites
- Kept detailed records and coordinated professional communication in a fast-paced office setting
- Created accident prevention plans and other compliance documents for individual job sites
- Performed various administrative tasks on an as-needed basis
- Over forty articles written or edited for AtlasObscura.com.
- “Religious Themes in YA Literature,” Humanities and Social Sciences Online, September 25, 2017.
- “Dead Hand Man, 1953,” short fiction, Jelly Bucket Issue #7, Summer 2017 (Pushcart Prize nominee).
- “The Asaph Church Witch, 1826,” short fiction, Jenny Magazine, Fall 2016.
- “Birdsong,” short fiction, Jenny Magazine, Spring 2012.
- “The Bay,” short fiction, Verbal Pyrotechnics, October 2010.
Community Service and Awards
- YSU College of Graduate Studies GIANT Award, August 2018.
- Lit Youngstown, volunteer, 2018.
- Juniper Summer Writing Institute, full scholarship recipient, 2018.
- Jenny Magazine, nonfiction editor and treasurer, 2016 to present.
- English Festival, volunteer, 2016 to 2019.
- YSU Graduate Premiere Scholarship, 2016 to 2019.
Penguin side portrait available on Redbubble.